Monday, April 4, 2011

Carly's Mad March: Chatsworth House vs. Thames River Boat Cruise

Carly's Mad March: Chatsworth House vs. Thames River Boat Cruise

So this may mess up some brackets because turns out, I never made my way to Chatsworth House, much to my dismay. I completely bit off more than we could chew, and I think ran my parents to the ground (or did they run me?). So here, by default, the winner is the Thames River Boat Cruise, which is nothing to scoff at.

We picked up the cruise from the Tower of London, and took it to the House of Parliament. It was a gorgeous day, so I was able to catch some really great photos (refer to the Abbey Road vs. London Eye for another photo).

I learned here that much to popular believe, the attached picture is the London Bridge, and not the much photographed Tower Bridge, which is what I think of when I hear, "London Bridge is falling down, falling down," and so on. In fact, that reminds me of the Beefeater at the Tower of London, who sang the Mother Goose rhyme, and ended it with "no it isn't," rather than "my fair lady." I found it amusing.

I also learned, but sort of knew from my "Who Knew"s at work, that the original London Bridge is in fact in Arizona, and the one in London today was built back in the 1970's. There you go.


Winner: Thames River Boat Cruise

No comments:

Post a Comment