Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Carly's Mad March: Buckingham Palace vs. Big Ben

Buckingham Palace vs. Big Ben
This was a hard call, but I'm going to be upfront here and say as expected, the Queen Mum has this one. But here's the background of that decision.

Big Ben
Now don't get me wrong now, Big Ben (of course referring to the bell and not the clock) is quite magnificent as it is connected to the House of Parliament and even larger than one might expect in person. It's intricate detail and golden hues were rather impressive and actually more than what I had in mind. We have not visited this area quite a bit, and I find myself amazed with every visit.

Buckingham Palace
With that said, Buckingham Palace was nothing short of gorgeous. What really sold me is that the Queen Mum was actually home while I visited, and though I missed the Changing the Guard, it was quite a site to see. I was also quite extrememly impressed with St. James park which backs up to the palace. I found a black swan here (no boys, not Ms. Portman) and was able to catch this amazing shot with the London Eye in the background. St. James did Big Ben in and advanced the palace onto the next round.

Winner: Buckingham Palace

No comments:

Post a Comment